Pages

Friday 6 June 2014

London Grammar

Hair dryer in one hand and phone in the other, I am frantically trying to figure out what the hell to wear whilst silently cursing myself for not sorting the night before! What do you wear to a second date at Brixton academy to watch a gig? I haven’t been to a gig in forever (don’t judge) and I am also pretty out of touch with the dating scene anyway.... Plus the weather has been running the weather lady in circles with the constant change of temperature and rain. 10 minutes later, I am running down the steps the tube in my play safe black skinny jeans (I hope he doesn't remember them from date 1) and a fluorescent pink cami and leather jacket. Oh and my silvery topshop number in the bag with black pumps. Work was a bore as usual, I really can’t wait until this writing stuff kicks off as I really enjoyed writing up my reviews for Our Man On The Ground – check them out here..

http://omotg.com/cities/barcelona/

http://omotg.com/cities/houston/

Oh and I got emailed more work for Women’s Fitness and We Heart Living- yay! Go me – will keep you posted on them.

I met this lovely lady, Hilary at the We Heart Living Launch the other week and she runs a cycle studio called Boom Cycle, so I got in touch with her about that and also some modelling stuff she thought I could do (I know right!) and she was lush and booked me in for a complimentary spin session during lunch – 35 min class, which feels pretty random duration but oh well.

It was pretty cool, this guy (who I am sure is gay!) handed me a towel and directed me to the changing rooms – which are just individual, clean cubicles, all mixed like the ones you get in shops. After locking away my bits and bobs in the complimentary locker, I wondered through to the studio which was in a pitch black room with around 35 bikes all facing the instructor who was raised on a podium – man alive she was muscly and extremely overenthusiastic! Oh and guess where my bike was?! Yep right in front of her...Now, I loyal RPM fan, I tried to keep an open mind but I can’t say I will be switching up any time soon. Whilst, I felt like I was getting a work out, the bikes felt slightly odd and not like a spin one and the choreography of the tracks, a little too aerobic style class for me. The music was cool and definitely fitted with the style of cycling but it wasn't my RPM favourites. I am not saying I wouldn't go back or it’s rubbish because the venue is mint and everyone lovely and enthusiastic, plus I did get a gruelling but I think I am just too much of a RPM aholic!

Date time! Quick change and I am on the tube to Brixton slightly bricking it and praying that a garble or words don’t come pouring out my mouth when I see him. I wonder down to the food market, which I must say, I didn't see much of it but if you haven’t been – go, it is pretty cool, yum! I see him standing outside waiting for me, clad in a crisp white shirt – perfect to show his strong and clearly well built physique and dark trousers! Kiss on the cheek oh and yes go me a second 1 and he take my hand to guide me to where his mates (couple mates well married mates – crap) are sitting in the restaurant. I am actually doing pretty well, the garble has been limited....dying for a drink though as soon as my vodka tonic arrives, I pretty much neck it and already attract the attention of ‘wow you can drink’, blaming my thirst I navigate out of that one despite and keep the conversations rolling. We order food and sangria and get back to the conversation which seems to be going well but flitting from one thing to another, hands on knees and constant touching I would like to say it’s going fairly well and he paid again! Whoop. We head over to the academy and I get the cans of G&T I forgot I had in there taken, bummer. Drinks bought, we head up to the balcony and manage to find some seats oh and there was a cheeky kiss involved. Never hearing the band before, London Grammar were pretty cool and I was enjoying listening whilst chatting casually away – more touching and hand holding oh and then some more kisses when we went for more drinks! We went to a bar after and I can tell I was pretty tipsy now and I am sure there was a shot involved but let’s say I think the night ended well, with me piling into a cab with his 2 mates as there was definitely some more kissing involved! Que, girl crush!

Is this going well people? I think he likes me....

No comments:

Post a Comment