Pages

Monday 2 June 2014

House party on the rooftop


Don’t you just hate it when some nights when you want to do something, there is literally nothing going on and either know one is out or everyone is busy and then other nights about 3 things that you want to do are going on at the same time?! Life just isn’t fair and well my bank holiday Sunday had turned into just one of those nights. Originally, I was looking forward to hanging with my flat mate and a different crowd at one of her mates house parties in central but as of 6pm, I was now debating whether to join the gym girlies for dinner and drinks in Putney....

As usual I began to whey up the pros and cons of each, starting with the usual lazy excuse of ‘Oh Putney is here so I don’t have to travel or get back’, followed by the other usual ‘but the house party will literally cost me nothing..’ It took several attempts at trying to flatten my whispery hair and 2 vodka’s later (they were small and it was now 7.30 so don’t judge) for me to decide to step out of my comfort zone and work on my friendship with my new flatmate by going with her to central. Pretty glad I did as well....

Throwing my original combo of cute dress and shoe boots on my bed and pulling on white jeans and a silky Topshop cami, I grabbed my clutch filled with the necessities and head out the door. House mate had left to meet her friend because in typical Jen style – I was late, so I said I will meet them there...A trip up the tube steps and I was glad I had put on my pink pumps which are now talking as an ex-colleague use to say (the soles were coming off – weird hey). For once, luck was on my side and the tube was pulling in as I arrived on the platform.

Running into the girls outside the flat, we were both left pretty speechless as we were let through the threshold. A flat just off Oxford Circus screams money but this place was mint, a balcony with views across London, all the modern accessories and a fully stocked bar, I think I had made a pretty good decision. 

Especially, since from the moment we walked in a beautiful man had an amazing, fruity pimms in our hand which was kept topped up! Not to mention that he must be around 6ft 5 and ex –rower, which I found out because I ended up spending the entire evening with him. Experimenting with drink concoctions and discussing god knows what for about god knows how long – my memory is hazy due to the copious amount of alcohol that was being consumed....


It was 2am before I thought it best to take myself off, I think I am getting old as my stamina is flagging but that wasn’t before the lovely boy had insisted on me taking is number...watch this space guys..

No comments:

Post a Comment