Pages

Monday 23 June 2014

Quite a weekend!



Monday morning and absolutely shattered! Head slightly pounding as well. Sunday drinking before a week at work never a good idea but hell with it, I was celebrating! Some fabulous cocktail drinking on Friday with a splattering of prosecco to celebrate catching up with an old friend back in the Buckingham shire – always fun but definitely resent the fact that I have to get a train out of London and back in again purely because the selfish parents only think of themselves and UP and desert the home town to be with their better halfs! Seriously, think of your children and the need to visit the place where we group up where all the memories and friends still are!! This also meant that I needed to stock up on several cans of G&T’s from good old M&S plus the carton of wasabi peas, which also meant to slowly drifting in and out of snooze ville on the way back in due to an alcohol infused buzz evaporating....

Don’t worry I got home and also decided to attempt packing – this is why I can never find anything.

Saturday was Taste London day! Yes I managed to score an exclusive press pass for the day and enjoyed the sunny hours wondering amongst food and drink stalls! Many would say it’s a good event to enjoy with others, however, considering I was supposed to be working, I thought it a better idea to enjoy the taste and smells by myself. This was until I discovered the sheer amount of alcohol stalls and temptations of Italian food! Over the four hours, I managed to somehow avoid getting burnt in the glorious sunshine and hopefully picked up a slight tan, talk to at least half of the people there (actually I don’t think I even covered that) – there were so many and I was trying to get photos, quotes, biz cards. By the end of the day – I felt very full and was also pretty tipsy – I couldn’t find water anywhere to quench my thirst, so after gaining a new friend in the frozen ‘healthier and natural’ mojito man, was quenching it with these – they had ice, surely this was better than nothing. By 5pm I was exhausted and took up residence in a deck chair with Mr. Tequila owner who despite my refusals, insisted I try every single one of his concoctions. Yes. It was time to go home... Oh not before a call to the boy – why oh why?! Actually. It went fairly well J. More on Taste to come, after my write ups for the magz!

Sunday was D day – D day, actually M day – moving day. Whoop whoop finally getting out of the hell hold and into a very lovely flat down the road. After falling out with my ashat of a brother and a not so fun call with my Dad, I was left to do the move on my own – seriously family cannot be relied on! So, trying to pack and the now ex flat mate (why call them mates seriously?!), was getting annoyed with me as my room looked messy! For god sake, I am packing to move out you plonker. 3 trips with 2 suitcases, several pulled muscles and a bucket of sweat, I gave in called the taxi company to help me, the nice man arrived and insisted he pack and unload (I think he was scared that I couldn’t do it properly – and seriously I need to learn how to pack). So he helped but he did not help me lift everything up the 4 flights of stairs, there really was no point in me doing my gym sessions that morning! Wow, I was hot and the place was a wreck! 6 hours later, I was nearly all moved in but I seriously had to de-clutter and chuck a lot of stuff! I was purely shattered, hence why the celebratory drink by myself!


Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment