Pages

Tuesday 3 June 2014

Date night

I am sure those fellow single ladies who have been living in London and trying to find a decent guy via various routes – online dating...tinder...speed dating (god how times have changed) can join me in saying, it is extremely draining and quite frankly disappointing putting my faith in finding my soul mate before I turn 30 and not ending up a spinster with 10 cats very low. There are some jerks out there! As a result, the dating scene has been quite dormant as of late especially after my string of tinder  and plenty of fish dates with creeps who touch me up on the first date/ make me buy all and both of our drinks throughout / don’t turn up / text at the end to say ‘worst date ever’  (yes really!)

So, I am sure you can understand that after having a great night with the beautiful boy on Sunday and a couple of texts throughout the week why I was a little cautious when it came to seeing him that Thursday.... Well rest assure now – it went well and I was spoilt! I suggested somewhere near Sloane square as it was close to where we both were (and I knew it was classy bars / pubs so would test his chivalry and credit limit!) but told him to pick a place...A little annoyed at first as he chose somewhere pretty hard to find but it was lovely – The Orange. If you haven’t been, then you should as the cocktails are mouthwatering and the prosecco just right! We didn't eat but the menu looked lush. As soon as I got there, my nerves melted away and he rushed inside to get me a drink – which never went try throughout the night. We chatted about everything...the party, him being an ex rower, my obsession with the Lindsey Kelk books and inspiration to become a writer and journalist, his obsession with a Steve Jobs interview and Chris Martin, him being a co founder of his own international company (omg I know), moving to New York...the topics varied but there was never nothing to say... Getting close to midnight I had to end the night in warrant of making my last tube home (and making sure I didn't drink too much to make my morning meeting!). Chivalry at its best, he decided to get a cab back to his flat in Primrose Hill (Yes omg again) and dropped me off at the tube station en route after my insistence that he shouldn't go out of his way to drop me home... Que cheeky kiss (maybe two actually) and a text before I get home to say he had a good evening and let him know I got back OK, not to mention talk of round 2....


Score girls...I maybe onto a winner...Well actually more of a ‘Yay I actually had a better than decent first date and I didn't make a fool of myself (apart from nearly falling of the stool but that’s just a regular day for me)... 

No comments:

Post a Comment