Pages

Tuesday 17 June 2014

Go go England – or not?!


So still no peep out of the boy! Is it safe for me to call him an asshat now?! How can you text someone saying ‘it would be good to see you’ when they just don’t?! My colleague and apparently the next male Opera, said I should wait until Thursday to see if I have heard then text on Thursday something simple because then it adheres to some sort of ok game playing. Err is game playing OK? Right guys going to get my game face on and start taking control of this situation. 

Anyway, with my rant over and can discuss the shenanigans of Saturday...World Cup fever taking over, I realise my second round of birthday celebrations are an epic fail with people either away or actually opting out to watch England’s first match which starts at 11pm! Wowza. So basically, instead of feeling unpopular and cancel the event with excuse of realising I am an epic football fan and didn’t get my dates right – this actually isn’t a lie as I didn’t know until like 2 days prior. A quick trip to central to have a couple of glasses of prosecco (free!) with my irish gym buddy, I hop back on the bus to Putney. Ever travelled via bus in London at 10pm?! Well do so at your own risk – there are some interesting characters and proper creeps a.k.a the fifty year old tramp staring right at me my entire journey uttering ‘you are beautiful’ like a broken disc record.

In case you are wondering... I made it back safe to meet my ex flat mates girlfriend for the world cup in the ever so overly populated Cote and Badge! Pushing the crowds, whilst keeping a sharp eye for any yummies we plonk ourselves on a table in the back with an OKish view of the screen but most importantly a bottle of prosecco, which was lush. So you know I said I was an eager footy fan – well let’s put it this way, 2 glasses in, I had no idea England had scored or what the score was let alone who was actually playing. However, we did get a good catch up / rant and laugh about my current flat mates, one certain flat mates psycho ex (let’s hope she doesn’t read this). Back at the bar, I bumped into sort of friend / person I am trying to get to know better because of connections, who was fairly drunk and apparently now my biggest fan. Slurring away, he kept coming in for the kisses and good words, me being me, wanting to stay in everyone’s good books kept the charm on and put up with his weirdness (helped by another glass of prosecco). By the time I reached for my second, which I sadly found was taking up residence in pieces on the floor, even I couldn’t keep up with the creepiness and bolted!  

Oh and for those who don’t know, England lost 1-2. To Italy. Which. I found out the next day. By accident.  


No comments:

Post a Comment