Pages

Monday 9 June 2014

Birthday girl


Despite how many of them I have had, I still get ridiculously excited about my birthday! But that’s allowed right?! Well waking up with a mouth like ghandi’s flip flop and a slightly fuzzy head, I pulled myself from my slumbers and found myself with a stupid grin on my face and no one in particular. Weirdo alert! Standard morning routine yet I couldn't help but feel slightly disappointed that the commuters of London didn't know it was my birthday and treat me like a princess! This didn't continue for long though and by 10.03am I was the colour of a beetroot and 1 orchid, pink bottle of champagne, embarrassing card and birthday cake up! Got to love the office singing happy birthday to you before you have had time to get through your first cup of tea! I had a text from the boy as well – albeit not the loveliest just a Happy Birthday – paranoia set in with the usual ‘What did I do wrong’, ‘I thought it went well’, ‘did I drink too much’ etc floating around the head, which seemed to hit the roof when I didn’t get a text back to my ‘birthday drink after work before my dinner?’ text. Sh** are you not suppose to text, am I being to forward. Ah gawd! Why is dating so complicated.

This may have been why when I took myself off to Selfridge's for a little mini indulgence, in the forms of a make over , I spotted the free champers in the Jo Malone stand straight away and made a bee line for it! I don’t normally treat myself to much but I had been told off for not doing so, hence the make-over BUT I panicked the whole way through it and the lovely lady at Nars try to put me at ease yet when she kept taking to my eyes with copious amounts of purple shadow, nerves didn’t go away! The result – it was actually all right but ahh god too much for a sophisticated dinner with the aunt? Begging the poor girl in the toilets for her thoughts, I decided to be brave and stick with it – I could always take it off there if I received strange looks from the passers by of London right?!


Arriving just on time to meet my Auntie, cousin and friend at Hush in Mayfair, to some beautiful flowers and a flute of champagne, I was assured that the make up looked great. Now the celebrations begin! 2 more flutes of champagne in the bar and lots of giggles later, we were snuggled into one of the plush leather booths downstairs with gorgeous mains and had moved onto the rose! Fabulous restaurant – I really would recommend it...the cod wasn't too tough and complemented with a fresh herby sauce. Not brave enough for dessert with  being so full from the sheer amount of sides I couldn't go without but I didn't turn down a baileys. Bless my auntie she picked up the bill and after one more cocktail each later we went out separate ways! Lovely end to the birthday! 

Shame I didn't mention the harsh text from my flat mates earlier that day! Twits – On. My. Birthday. Not even a Happy Birthday. 

Oh and I don’t think I mentioned, the stupid over sharing text to the boy! Error – I blame the champagne. Lesson to self – remove iPhone from reachable distances after 2 flutes of champagne.

 Lesson 2 – don’t discuss your emotions after 2 dates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment