Pages

Monday 20 October 2014

Flashing the cash




Now I am sure you are aware by now, I am far from saying no to a man who wants to buy me drinks…well unless they are Hitler or that weird guy a while back who I went on a god awful date with, well anyway I have found a new BFF who will not let me get my purse out! So the background blurb first…so the other week sitting quietly by myself in good old Be at 1 on the high street, meandering over why I had still gone for a drink when my former friend couldn’t make it when a gorgeously stunning American trucked over and asked if I wanted to join her and her friends. Side stepping the fact, it was typical for an American to do just that and so very un-British, I was quite flattered and slightly scared of her scarlet stained red lips so naturally I said yes. Next thing you know it’s 2 hours later and I am 5 cocktails and 8 shots up and 2 shoes down! My new friends consisted of the snow white American, a drink pushing South African and the loudest ozzy know to well Putney probably and I had not spent a penny – apparently I am not very good at downing a tequila and not pulling a face which warrants another and another until I am too drunk to taste it. An adventurous night as it was I decided to call it a day when they announced they were going back to um ‘have a nightcap’. Anyway, somewhere along the line I thought it was a good idea to give the entire bar my number because the next day I had 2 texts enquiring into how fuzzy my head was – 1 from a boy who I think was fairly good looking and I wanted to snog the pants off and the other the drink pushing Safrican! No before you get any ideas – the Safrican has an almighty thing for the American – who believe it or not is Jen as well – freaky right but anyway I think he is like 20 years older and definitely not my type – just a great drinking buddy. So last Saturday we were chatting about crap and decided that as neither had anything to do we would go for a drink which turned into 3 shots at 9.30pm which turned into a dozen cocktails a generous glass of Prosecco from my trusty bar tender and a stern word from the manager to my BFF who apparently was getting rowdy – who knew?! Yet once again, the only thing I paid for was my hangover the next day! A similar night was repeated the other day on a slightly calmer tone somehow and with considerably less shots but my question now is do I have to pay for an ENTIRE night and not let him or do I keep letting him do the man thing because is it that or do I have to worry about a new admirer?

No comments:

Post a Comment